Keyword

Allow users to post articles from Front-End?

• Chris
  • Chris's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58265 by Chris
Hi,

I was wondering how I could go about setting up a menu item or some other method for a particular usergroup to access, write and publish articles? If it's even possible to do this.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58266 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Allow users to post articles from Front-End?
The default method of allowing users to add k2 items is thru the login module.
Publish k2_login
create k2 user group and set permissions
add user to k2 user group
when logged in users gets and edit button on each item and a add item link in the login module.
with 2.5.1 there is a menu choice that you can select to go directly to add new item in k2 as well

• Chris
More
12 years 11 months ago #58267 by Chris
Hi William,

Thank you for your response. I decided to update K2 to 2.5.1 since it would be nicer to set up a menu item linking to where a user can submit new articles.

Upon updating K2, I have discovered that I am unable to add a user to a usergroup. It appears there is a problem with a .js file or a java issue...

I don't know if this is in fact a "bug" or if something went wrong with my installation... Please refer to my attached screen shots.

In the screenshot below, this is when I am trying to place a User into a Usergroup. Once my settings have been made, an error comes up when I click on "Save" "Apply" and "Cancel" does not work when I try to exit that page.

Attachment not found

In the screenshot below, this is the dialog window I get with the error, location and line in which the error appears to be coming from. I have taken a look at the file and have gotten the line of code from Line 433

Attachment not found

Below is the code from /public_html/media/k2/assets/js/k2.js on lines 426 - 435
// If we are in Joomla! 1.5 define the functions for validation
if (typeof(Joomla) === 'undefined') {
	var Joomla = {};
	Joomla.submitbutton = function(pressbutton){
		submitform(pressbutton);
	}
	function submitbutton(pressbutton) {
		Joomla.submitbutton(pressbutton);
	}
}

Line 433: Joomla.submitbutton(pressbutton);

I have tried this on all my browsers including (Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Apple Safari and Sea Monkey) all have had the same problems.

I hope this isn't a complicated/technical request and hopefully I have provided enough information to help make providing a solution easy and pain free on your end.

Thank you very much for your time and your support, this has been my best experience with any online support community in regards to Joomla Extensions, very much appreciated.

Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #58268 by fred
I would like to know more about this feature as well.

• Chris
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #58269 by Chris
I am just [bumping] this topic so that it doesn't get buried too far at the bottom. It's an important matter for me and hopefully can find a solution for it.

Thanks
Chris

EDIT:
I noticed my screenshot had the version of Joomla but will post it in here anyways since I should have done that in the beginning.

Joomla Version 1.5.23
K2 2.5.1

More
12 years 11 months ago #58270 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Allow users to post articles from Front-End?
if the save and cancel buttons are not working - this is likely a javascript conflict.
Search this forum for mootools conflict as i saw a very good post yesterday here about it.
Try disabling the mootools or changing the order which mootools load...

• Chris
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #58271 by Chris
Hi William,

I have read through and came across these two topics

Topic: Re: K2 and Mootools

Topic: Re: Javascript conflict - Any Javascript Experts?

These issues appear to be front-end related from what i've been able to gather. I did look into the plugin that is supposed to help remove the jquery conflict

You can download joomla system jquery plugin from extensions.joomla.org (lets say jqueryeasy or scjquery) and intall it setting it to load jquery and jqueryui in both frond and backend.
If you plan to use mootool upgrade plugin (J1.5.x and K2 v2.5.1), make sure it is the first one of system plugins and jquery is second. Disable K2 jquery loading from parameters.

I have installed and set up the plugin, I have also re-ordered the plugins accordingly but still does not appear to be fixing the problem.

Sorry, i'm good with many things programming wise but this is apparently not one of them.

I don't know if this will help at all, but I do have JomSocial and Kunena installed along with Lyftenbloggie. I was hoping to replace Lyftenbloggie with K2 for blogging. Those are the only three major items I have installed on the site i'm currently working on.

• Chris
More
12 years 10 months ago #58272 by Chris
*BUMP*

Sorry for the double post, I was wondering if it would be possible to take a look at the back-end of the site I am working on to find out where the source of the problem is coming from.

I couldn't find a pm option to PM information to you (William). I am not expecting a miracle and understand that K2 support can only go so far considering that this problem could be caused by the combination of K2 and another component. Since this is a Java related issue, hopefully finding a lead to what the problem is, isn't a huge problem... *Fingers Crossed*

Thank you for your time

Chris

More
12 years 10 months ago #58273 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: Allow users to post articles from Front-End?
Having spent some time on this, I just cannot get it to work. The front end, just doesn't seem to show any options for creating a new article, and there's no menu option as mentioned.

can anyone assist?