Keyword

post the last submitted item first on homepage

More
12 years 11 months ago #58326 by Robin
I want to show the last submitted items from several categories on my home homepage. In this way the site remains up-to-date (blog-style)

I can't find the option where I can it like this. How can I make sure the LAST posted item is shons as FIRST on the homepage?

I selected "K2 » Latest items from (one or more) users or categories" option in my home-menu.

Thanks for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58327 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: post the last submitted item first on homepage
One way to do this is to present mod_k2_content on the front page, select your categories, and set item ordering to "most recent first"

More
12 years 11 months ago #58328 by Robin
Thank you for replying!

I allready tried that option, but then it shows a rather ugly listing of articles. From the back-end I can't seem to adjust that. Here is what I mean:
www.ntv-nijmegen.nl

Are there other options?

I'm a newbie at joomla and website-making in general, so editting css is too difficult for me.

thanks

More
12 years 11 months ago #58329 by Brent Friar
Replied by Brent Friar on topic Re: post the last submitted item first on homepage
This is controlled 2 ways. First, if you are dealing with only 1 category, then you make your menu item as a K2 Categories listing. Then in the Category Item Layout parameters under Other Layout Options you select the ordering there.

If you are dealing with more than 1 category, you have to select each category in the menu item. This will activate the Layout options for multiple category selection under the Basic Options where you can select the Item Ordering.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58330 by Robin
Thank you so much for helping! Indeed, It was a matter of selecting "categories" as a menu item.