Keyword

Contact Forms?

• Jonathan West
  • Jonathan West's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58366 by Jonathan West
Contact Forms? was created by Jonathan West
Hi. New to K2 and still finding my way around - however I have managed to set up a dev site and putting together items and categories and so on.

What I would like to do is allow contact against items for a given category.

Let's say I have a category called Companies, and then when the user is viewing a particular item of category Companies, I want the user (web site public user) to be able to launch a contact form to send an email to that company.

Can this be done out of the box or do I need an extension to add this capability? I presume I can use extra fields to ensure the item includes email address, etc. ... (indeed already have extra fields for company address, etc.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58367 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: Contact Forms?
Hi.

If you need a contact form then you'll need another component. I suggest RSForms. You will have to either create different forms for each company or programmatically figure out the company address from the current page.

Or you could just provide a mailto: link in an extra field but then it'll just trigger their email program.

@olivierk

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Jonathan West
  • Jonathan West's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #58368 by Jonathan West
Replied by Jonathan West on topic [SOLVED] Re: Contact Forms?
Thanks Olivier.

I had thought maybe someone had integrated contacts with K2. Obviously not! I'll go look at Joomla extensions then ... and look at RSForms.