Keyword

K2 Articles not showing up

• Gameinatrix
  • Gameinatrix's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #58442 by Gameinatrix
K2 Articles not showing up was created by Gameinatrix
Hi all,

I'm having upgrading pains and while I've still been unsuccessful in getting Joomla 1.7, my K2 2.5 installed fine. However I changed templates last night and my front end articles disappeared.

I found a work around to get them to show but when you click on them, the article does not show. I'm not sure why, as they show front end just fine. Or I should say the image and the intro text shows just fine, but no article once you click on the read more.

I've added a few new plug ins, but not sure if they are causing the problem. One that updates moo tools and one for jquery and of course the new template. How do I find where the problem is?

Thanks!
Cori

Edit: If you look at the SS labeled one you can see that the content image and intro text show on my front page, but when you click read more, (image 2) There is nothing on that page. This was working fine about 12 hours ago, so not sure what I could have done to render it gone and not working. I did notice that after I switched templates it was gone, but not sure if its' the mootools and jquery updates I did either. I added those in because my K2 text was running together in the articles and not retaining formatting. That seemed to do the trick but now it's not showing the article altogether. I'm continuing to back track to see if I can figure out what cause the issue. In the mean time, any suggestions on what you think may have caused the issue are welcome.

Thanks again!
Cori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gameinatrix
  • Gameinatrix's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #58443 by Gameinatrix
Replied by Gameinatrix on topic Re: K2 Articles not showing up
Ok I tried switching to the old template and the articles then show just fine. While I continue to look any idea how to get them to show with the new template? LOL.

I'm sure it's an issues of them being in the wrong positions but it's been so long since I've had to set that up, not sure where to start looking

More
12 years 10 months ago #58444 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Articles not showing up
Switching templates can be tedious.
Load the old template, and make note of the old modules etc and their positions
Go to the docs of the new template and decide what positions they should be in the new template
switch them from the top down and see if it works