Keyword

There was a problem rendering your image gallery.

• Viorela Gutiu
  • Viorela Gutiu's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58463 by Viorela Gutiu
Hello,

Yesterday I bought the SIG Gallery Pro plugin and it don't work!
First, there was this error:

Gallery upload error: Cannot extract archive!

After I changed the class.upload.php file, like it say here in forum, I got the next error:
There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/6

I am using Joomla 1.5.23, K2 2.4.1, and Simple Gallery Pro 2.5.6 .

What can I do now? JoomlaWorks, please help because I paid you for this plugin!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58464 by troponin

Dorca Florin wrote: ... and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/6....[/color][/b]

What can I do now? ...

You can explain a little more, plz.

What kind of Images contain the package? Which compression did you use ? Does the Folder media/k2/galleries exist ?

• Viorela Gutiu
  • Viorela Gutiu's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58465 by Viorela Gutiu
Replied by Viorela Gutiu on topic Re: There was a problem rendering your image gallery.
the zip file contain *.jpg files.
After I modified the class.upload.php file, changing the line:

$this->mime_check = false; // checks the mime type against the allowed list

IN THIS:

$this->mime_check = true; // checks the mime type against the allowed list

I get the error:

There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/7

If I look in the folder media/k2/galleries/7 I see that it makes another folder inside, where the pictures are. So the error is:

the plugin search the pictures in media/k2/galleries/7 but the pictures are in a subfolder, with the same name like the zip file I uploaded.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #58466 by jimmy white
I also have this issue, when I upload a zip file,the error is

There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/4

and tried to reference it by {gallery}4{/gallery}

however, the path it actually makes (with the images in) is:
/public_html/media/k2/galleries/4/landscapes

it seems the upload is adding on the name of the zip file to the path when it creates the directory, but tries to reference it using a path without the name of the zip file...

Edit K2 V2.5.1 Joomla 1.7 simple image gallery pro 2.5.6

I can get this to work if i manually move the images and thumbs folder from:
/public_html/media/k2/galleries/4/landscapes
to
/public_html/media/k2/galleries/4

More
12 years 11 months ago #58467 by Jimmy White
Any update on this? I would really like to know if the issue is K2, the plugin, or our Joomla/Server config?

More
12 years 10 months ago #58468 by Jimmy White
Fixed it :)

My issue was creating an archive of a folder with the jpg's in - when creating the zip, go into the folder that contains the images, select the images only, then create you zip file!

More
12 years 6 months ago #58469 by tonis
I had the same issue.

I solved it by using names of images without spaces, and you must pay attention to the size of the images. When i removed images with too big size, the problem was gone.

Hope this will be a little help for someone :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #58470 by Farid
I'm having the same issue. I have done all the things that other people said but it's not working.
Every time I upload a gallery or when I open an item in admin I get this error:

The was a problem converting the source image.
There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery PRO plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/26

I have a zip file containing 7 jpeg files with total size of 969KB, my PHP upload-size limit is 2MB.
There are no spaces or any unusual characters in images names or zip file-name.

The funny part is that I can see my images in "media/k2/galleries/26" but in front-end or back-end I have {gallery}26{/gallery} .

My server configuration:
Ubuntu Server 11.10
PHP 5.3.8
Media folder has 777 access
I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 with K2 2.5.6 and SIG Pro 2.5.3

Please Help me!

• Ibach | mediendesign
More
12 years 5 months ago #58471 by Ibach | mediendesign
Replied by Ibach | mediendesign on topic Re: There was a problem rendering your image gallery.
I have the same issue too.

There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery PRO plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/109

My PHP upload-size limit is ok.
There are no spaces or any unusual characters in images names or zip file-name.

I can see my images in "media/k2/galleries/109" but in front-end I have {gallery}109{/gallery} .

My server configuration:
PHP 5.3.
I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 with K2 2.5.4 and SIG Pro 2.5.7

First, when I store the article with the image gallery, it looks fine and a short time later, I have the same problem too; then I open the article and store it new, it works, but after a time, I have the outlined above.

Please Help me!

More
12 years 5 months ago #58472 by Neil Boddie
For two weeks I searched for a fix to this file not found problem and my cure was.......

The images i wanted to display were all jpegs, named correctly but what i did wrong was creating a folder then putting images inside folder. I then selected the FOLDER and zipped the folder, WRONG!!!!.

You have to select ALL the images you want, then save as a zip which creates the folder which you then select as the folder to upload and hey presto RESULT