Keyword

Create A Referece Number Field Linking...

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
  • Muhammad Shoaib Ali's Avatar Topic Author
  • Infinity is something we cannot calculate yet.
More
12 years 11 months ago #58539 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Create A Referece Number Field Linking... was created by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Hi Guys / Girls,

I know its probably something very simple but I have been breaking my head over how to get an extra field to link directly to email with the reference number as the subject.

All the user uploading the data will have to do is put in a reference number (during the entry)...and the frontend would show the reference number as a link (or written on the side *Click here to enquire about this item*...and clicking this would open the email with the reference number as the subject.

Can anyone help me with this...

So far..I can do it manually..but the guy im building the website for has no html knowledge (completely 0) so it needs to be that simple for him.

Everything appreaciated :).

The only reason why we say something is infinity is because we cannot calculate it yet…and there are some things we will never be able to calculate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
More
12 years 10 months ago #58540 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Replied by Muhammad Shoaib Ali on topic Re: Create A Referece Number Field Linking...
Anyone have any idea how to do this...I am still so lost.

The only reason why we say something is infinity is because we cannot calculate it yet…and there are some things we will never be able to calculate.

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
More
12 years 10 months ago #58541 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Replied by Muhammad Shoaib Ali on topic Re: Create A Referece Number Field Linking...
Solved this by editing the comments template a bit and publishing that in as an inquiry form. This way when a user comments (that shows as an inquiry on the item page) the admin gets a mail and the item name the comment went into..making it easy for the admin to know which item its been sent for...no need for reference numbers anymore :D.

Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago #58542 by Joey
Hi There,

Could you tell me what changes you made to the comment module for it to do that cause I need the exact same solution.
Would appreciate it.

More
12 years 6 months ago #58543 by Joey
Cool, got it, Nice idea man, thanks for the pointer :lol: