Keyword

url to add new item in selected category

• Ronald de Vries
  • Ronald de Vries's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #58949 by Ronald de Vries
url to add new item in selected category was created by Ronald de Vries
I'm searching for a way to make a link to add a new item in a category.
For example I want to make a link in a article that takes you to the form for adding a article where the category is already set.

Something like "/index.php/component/k2/item/add?tmpl=component&categoryid=3" is not working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
  • Infinity is something we cannot calculate yet.
More
12 years 10 months ago #58950 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Replied by Muhammad Shoaib Ali on topic Re: url to add new item in selected category
I think this will have to be done with access control such that..a paticular user can only post in paticular k2 categories. Other than that...I am not to sure it can be done without creating new kind of menu links for k2 (or joomla to that matter).

Usually people use a content submission form and admins direct the article to the category it needs to go into.

The only reason why we say something is infinity is because we cannot calculate it yet…and there are some things we will never be able to calculate.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58951 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic Re: url to add new item in selected category
Use the Submit item Button in Category Listing itself (activate in Backend) or use the nw K2_user module with the render Menu Function. plz read the 2.5 + 2.5.1 Changelog in Blog

• Ronald de Vries
More
12 years 10 months ago #58952 by Ronald de Vries
Replied by Ronald de Vries on topic Re: url to add new item in selected category
I solved this part indeed by adding a hidden menu-item and making a link to that id. Thanks Thorsten Renz!

<a class="modal" href="/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=add&tmpl=component&Itemid=163" rel="{handler:\'iframe\',size:{x:990,y650}}">>> voeg nieuws toe</a>

But now it seems like I'm missing some javascript for getting a nice popup windown to make a new item.

What I get now is a full page form. And when I close it, it brings me to my site again but then to a empty page.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Ronald de Vries
More
12 years 10 months ago #58953 by Ronald de Vries
Replied by Ronald de Vries on topic Re: url to add new item in selected category
After a many hours fight I solved the problem. But don't ask me how. I can not tell... But it works!!!