Keyword

Any advice setting up a gallery like this?

• NorthernLights
  • NorthernLights's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #58963 by NorthernLights
Any advice setting up a gallery like this? was created by NorthernLights
Hi there,

I'm setting up an image gallery for Krita, the open source painting application using K2 to replace the current clunky phoca gallery ( krita.org/showcase ) . I've managed to figure out a bunch of things using custom fields, but some stuff has be scratching my head. We need to have people be able to upload an image, a krita file (.kra) to be downloadable and choose a creative commons license for it. So do you have any suggestions on how to:

1. Create a dropdown (for each CC license) that then gives a link (eg it shows CC-BY and that is linked to the creative commons page about the CC-BY license)

2. How to let people upload an image which displays as the content item

3. How to let the user upload another file of the extension .kra which people can then download.

Thanks for any advice you can share!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58964 by Thomas Murray
Replied by Thomas Murray on topic Re: Any advice setting up a gallery like this?
I too need a creative commons solution for K2 content. People submit ideas on my site and we need a way to integrate creative commons license to each submission.

Any solutions?

More
12 years 10 months ago #58965 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Re: Any advice setting up a gallery like this?
Hi,

1. Create a dropdown (for each CC license) that then gives a link (eg it shows CC-BY and that is linked to the creative commons page about the CC-BY license)

Use a K2 select extra field with all possible licences. You will create the related link in your custom K2 template.

2. How to let people upload an image which displays as the content item

It's the basic image feature of the K2 item

3. How to let the user upload another file of the extension .kra which people can then download.

Use the 'Attachments' tab.

Olivier