k2_date_format_lc2, modifying this doesn't work

• shenkwen
  • shenkwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #59026 by shenkwen
joomla 1.7 , k2 2.5

In category_item.php, there is
<span class="catItemDateCreated">
<?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->created , JText::_('K2_DATE_FORMAT_LC2')); ?>
</span>
I found this K2_DATE_FORMAT_LC2 in /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini, and tried to modify its value from "%A,%d %B %Y %H:%M" to "%d %B %Y", but nothing changed on my site, weeday and time are still displaying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59027 by Tracey
Hi,

In the language folder you should see an overrides folder. In the overrides folder you should see a override ini file for your language, eg.. en-GB.override.ini. If you don't see a similar file for your language you may have to create the new file.

Try adding K2_DATE_FORMAT_LC2="%d %B %Y" into the override ini file. This should do the trick.

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

More
12 years 6 months ago #59028 by Kathy
Hi,

I am having the same issue. I've tried changing the various .ini files, but no matter what I do the format doesn't change in the frontend.

I'm using v2.5.5 with Joomla 2.5.

Can anyone help?

More
12 years 6 months ago #59029 by Ranshell Rasco
Replied by Ranshell Rasco on topic Re: k2_date_format_lc2, modifying this doesn't work
I discovered that "k2_date_format_lc2" is also being called in "/administrator/language/en-GB/" from the filename "en-GB.com_k2.j16.ini". I edited the hardcoded values in this file, and it worked in changing the date/time format in my K2 frontpage.

More
12 years 6 months ago #59030 by Kathy
Ranshell, thank you so much! :cheer:

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #59031 by Steven Johnson
Replied by Steven Johnson on topic Re: k2_date_format_lc2, modifying this doesn't work
Thanks for the thread and post.

I modified /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.j16.ini and it all worked fine

What will happen to this file when I upgrade K2?

Is this the best way to override the date value?

Thanks! -- Steven