Keyword

URL issues

More
12 years 10 months ago #59126 by Nigel
URL issues was created by Nigel
I have K2 2.5.1 running on J1.7.1 and all my articles are running through K2 however the problem i have is that the URL for one menu item is incomplete.

For example i have two menu items configured the same, one is ubmobi.com/the-area and the articles load nicely for example with the sub category URL's: item/54-canford-cliffs-and-sandbanks however the second menu item has the category: ubmobi.com/the-scene but the articles link back to the index page rather than the specific articles. On 'Mouseover' the address for the articles is missing the '/the-scene' category instead showing just item/50-alika.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
  • Infinity is something we cannot calculate yet.
More
12 years 10 months ago #59127 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Replied by Muhammad Shoaib Ali on topic Re: URL issues
Hi Bro...can you include a link to where I can see the problem?...Maybe I can help.

The only reason why we say something is infinity is because we cannot calculate it yet…and there are some things we will never be able to calculate.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59128 by Nigel
Replied by Nigel on topic Re: URL issues
Hey Buddy, here's a link, click any of the links: ubmobi.com/the-scene

Thanks for checking it out.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59129 by Nigel
Replied by Nigel on topic Re: URL issues

Muhammad Shoaib Ali wrote: Hi Bro...can you include a link to where I can see the problem?...Maybe I can help.

It seems to be something to do with Category creation within the K2 component that results in any category other than the first category created to be omitted and therefore the path isn't found by Joomla when creating menu items or module links such as Gavick News Pro.

No idea how to fix this as the upgrade to 2.5.1 didn't fix it.

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
  • Infinity is something we cannot calculate yet.
More
12 years 10 months ago #59130 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Replied by Muhammad Shoaib Ali on topic Re: URL issues

The only reason why we say something is infinity is because we cannot calculate it yet…and there are some things we will never be able to calculate.