Keyword

New 2 k2 please help!

• jari dedenroth
  • jari dedenroth's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59371 by jari dedenroth
New 2 k2 please help! was created by jari dedenroth
Hi

Im new to k2 and before i move/import my articles and start using k2, i would like to know some things about how it works.

I hear/read allot about k2 not being joomla native and it uses its own system to store articles not that i know if that may be a problem to me.....

So what i want ti know is..If i choose to use k2 would it be possible to go back to standard joomla articles(uninstall k2) and still use articles created in k2 down the line if needed?

if this is possible, then i wouldn't have 2. thoughts since i could always go back :-)

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59372 by Debbie Lane
Replied by Debbie Lane on topic Re: New 2 k2 please help!
K2 items (articles) are stored in database table jos_k2_items which has a different structure to jos_content where the joomla articles were / are stored. It should be possible to do a data conversion if you wanted to to move your K2 items back to Joomla, but as K2 has more functionality (extra fields etc) it would require some effort.

I moved from a Joomla only to Joomla/K2 site without any problems and have no thoughts of reverting back to Joomla only.

Good Luck

Technically Blonde
www.andiamoinpuglia.co.uk

More
12 years 10 months ago #59373 by rolan
Replied by rolan on topic Re: New 2 k2 please help!
no its one way or the other as they are seperate components. (com_content and com_k2)
you can import from com_content into k2 but not the other way.

you would perhaps be wise to try creating some articles in the normal joomla content(com_content). see how you get on.

then import them into k2 and breathe a sigh of relief as you only wasted half an hour or so.
you wont go back.
i only ever use com_content if i have to create seperate stuff that i dont want my customers deleting etc...
as you learn more about k2 you realize that it has the potential to grow into far more than just a content component. i have used it as a shop, a directory, blogs, news, forum, a slider that reads from articles, you name it k2 can pretty much do it albeit with a little modification.