Keyword

World News II (WN2)

• CSN2011
  • CSN2011's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59467 by CSN2011
World News II (WN2) was created by CSN2011
Dear Friends,

I am doing a project - gavick.csn2011go.com - using the WN2 from GavickPro and they have done an excellent job integrating K2 V2.5.1 in this template.

I am using: Joomla! 1.7.2, K2 V2.5.1 and the World News II template (demo.gavick.com/joomla16/jul2011/ ).

I have some issues with category templating (override?), but first let me give you some background information on the project before I state my issues under point 5:

1. Caribseek News is a news portal of the Wider Caribbean covering news about all the Caribbean islands and news about the Caribbean countries in the rest of the World. We are a news integrator.

2. To that end, we have set-up many menu items: Caribbean, Worldwide, Themes, etc.

3. Under the Caribbean menu item you will find the Caribbean Countries: Caribbean Region, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, etc.

4. When you install WN2, you get a Homepage, a category, a tag and item templates; examples:

i. homepage: gavick.csn2011go.com
ii. category page: gavick.csn2011go.com/index.php/caribbean/dominican-republic
iii. tag page: gavick.csn2011go.com/index.php/global-caribbean/wider-caribbean/united-states-of-america
iv. item page: gavick.csn2011go.com/index.php/caribbean/dominican-republic/item/52-cadaques-caribe-resort-and-villas-in-dominican-republic-offers-luxury-fractional-real-estate-properties

5. Here is what I want to do on Caribseek News with the countries (in terms of Joomla & WN2: categories):

I want each country to have a "homepage" just like the HOMEPAGE of Caribseek News, but displaying only information of that country.

So, I started to add modules to the categories and this gave me an issue, which I am trying to solve as this is the key to organizing news on Caribseek News:

>>> When I add a module to a category (f.i. Aruba), the module also appears on the item pages of that category!!! <<<

Examples (Aruba LN, right column):

i. category: gavick.csn2011go.com/index.php/aruba-noticia
ii. item: gavick.csn2011go.com/index.php/aruba-noticia/item/44-aruba-tabata-e-centro-di-moda-durante-fin-di-siman

What I want to achieve is that:

i. I can add modules to a category page, without it appearing on the item pages of that category;
ii. I can add modules to an item page, without it appearing on the corresponding category page.

I have tried many approaches, without any real success:

a. template override
b. copying and renaming the WN2 template and selecting it as Template Style in the menu set-up (example: Dominican Republic)

In summarizing, my issues are:

I. How do I assign each category (and tag) the WN2 homepage template;
II. How do I add modules to a category and its item pages independent of each other.

I need help.

All suggestions are welcome!

Willem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.