Keyword

Subtemplate to non-default template

More
12 years 10 months ago #59495 by Casey
I encountered this problem having two templates being used in my website.
One template, say we call it "defaulttpl" and another one is called "newtpl". The "defaulttpl" is selected as the default template for the whole site, while "newtpl" is only used for certain pages/subsite.

I have a page that is assigned to "newtpl" and inside this page I added on the module K2 Content. I am overriding the module template with my own sub-template call "subtpl".

Now if I put this "subtpl" code under "newtpl/html/mod_k2_content/" folder. it does not get detected by the module, so I cannot select it in the administrator view.
I have to put it under "defaulttpl/html/mod_k2_content" because it is the default template.

This is not what I desire because it would be more difficult to manage and logically it belongs to "newtpl".
Other non-k2 modules follow the Joomla way and is able to detect overriding in the assigned template instead of just the default template.

Is there any way for me to be able to move the "subtpl" under the "newtpl" directory?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59496 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Re: Subtemplate to non-default template
Hi,

I understand your problem and agree with you, K2 should be able to handle multiple Joomla! templates folders when you have to select an override for a K2 module.

Maybe it's something that would have to be submit as requested feature to the K2 team :

code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/issues/entry

Olivier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.