Keyword

Errors In installation

More
12 years 10 months ago #59500 by san65
Errors In installation was created by san65
Hi,

I am using Joomla 1.7, with K2 V2.5.1 - localhost, WAMP Server 2.1.. I detected the following problems during installation:

1. First time install using .zip file:
Two red-line errors to the effect "Jerror: could not find joomla setup file" and "J:error: could not find xml setup file". The K2 entry in the "Components" menu of Joomla did not show. However, the installation process showed that the following items were successfully installed - Content, comment, login, tools, users, user, quick icon, and stats; and three plugins - search, system, user.

2. I manually checked each of the items of K2 and uninstalled.

3. Second time install using "install from URL" option: The following red line message - "Error building Admin Menus". This time too, the expected entry of K2 in the Components menu options is not present.

Some time back, I had tried installing K2 V 2.4.1 on this same production site. At that time too, I had received a similar error. The K2 support desk had then advised me to wait for the next stable version.

I very much would like to make use of K2 for this site. Any inputs and advice from K2 gurus would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59501 by ANA
Replied by ANA on topic Re: Errors In installation
The same problem here. After uninstalling the latest version I tried to go back to the older k2 2.4.1 but got a blank page

More
12 years 10 months ago #59502 by san65
Replied by san65 on topic Re: Errors In installation
Hi,

Good to know that I am not alone...

Today, I tried uninstalling the main component of K2 from my system. I received the following message:

Could not delete the administrator menus.

In the K2 package, I notice that the core files are named with a .k2 extension - install.k2, script.k2 and uninstall.k2. Could the problem be because somebody forgot to rename them back to the original names?

I sincerely look forward to K2 team support.

Thanks in advance.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59503 by san65
Hi,

While waiting for a solution to my problem, I tried installing K2 2.5.3. I get the exact same error as before. However, I also observe that the message notifying the error appears for a number of components, besides K2. This means that the problem is Joomla-specific and not K2-specific.

Any guidance on this problem please?

More
12 years 9 months ago #59504 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: Errors In installation
Hi All. I have had this problem and solved it so I decided to write a little help item. I hope it helps you guys/galls.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first!/4734-joomla---k2-install-error-building-admin-menus#4734

More
12 years 9 months ago #59505 by san65
Hi Eoin,

Thanks for all your help! The solution suggested by you worked perfectly!

Thanks again.