Keyword

Request: Add Options for Image Handling- Item View

• etkritikonspoudon
  • etkritikonspoudon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #59531 by etkritikonspoudon
Request: Add Options for Image Handling- Item View was created by etkritikonspoudon
Straight to the point:

I think it would be great, it would allow much greater flexibility and greater options/customization if you could change the way K2 handles images in item view.

Currently, one has to determine stable, set sizes for Xsmall, Small, Large, Xlarge etc, but this deprives K2 of the much needed versatility to handle images in item view...

I think of the following proposed functions so fundamental, that I don;t really know how K2 has gone without them...it's just of that kind that responds to the needs of very different users..
...K2 would be perfect if it embedded the following functions...

1) Regarding Item View apart from setting an optimal chosen image-size (as it is currently done), it should be flexible enough to offer configuration options for images of variable size and of varying use, e.g.
a. For Leading Images, it should have variables for alignment and size
- If the article area width is e.g. 600px and a 700px image is embedded, it should re-size to the maximum and offer the choice of creating a popup or not.

- If the image is smaller, up to a definable size considered adequate, it should not increase the size of the image to fit a fixed dimension (as happens in K2) but retain it as leading image, center-aligned, occupying single space above the article text

- Below the variable/definable image size deemed big enough to occupy the leading space in center alignment, e.g. for an article width of 600px that size could be below 400px, it should change the alignment of the image to left or right by selection and offer the option of creating a popup or not.

- It could include another level of customization regarding image size (not necessary in all scenarios), where if the image is smaller even, by customizable standards, e.g. between 280 and 330px, in which case it should set the article to a minimal size e.g. 200-250px and align to the left or right.

- Concerning image caption and credits K2 should include the option to turn either one or even both off if the image is smaller than a given size, or relatively to the variables set for article views e.g.
-- display captions & credits if the size of the image can occupy the space above the article text by itself
-- Display only caption or credits if the image is smaller and aligned left or right, or display none at all.

b) It should have separate settings for leading images and subsequent images and an option to use the settings of the leading images for the rest of them.

So what I'm proposing is a blend of functions found in K2 and extensions like BK-multithumb, mavik thumbnails and a couple of others.
- The problem with K2 is that it does not offer these size-variables
- The problem with Joomla article image plugins is that the alignment set in the article defines the display of the articles in categories, e.g. you cannot have an article image center-aligned in article view, but left aligned in category view

Do you see this feature being implemented in future versions?
For me, the lack of customization for the leading image and its lightbox popup - forced to the set XLarge dimensions, even if they exceeds its own - is the reason why I have not taken up K2 yet. Hope it will be considered.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• etkritikonspoudon
  • etkritikonspoudon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #59532 by etkritikonspoudon
Replied by etkritikonspoudon on topic Re: Request: Add Options for Image Handling- Item View
Would you give this another look?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.