Keyword

Seriously - readmore is ruining my life!

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59608 by Robert
Hi, again. I'll strive for brevity.

1) I'm a hopeless noob . . . but I'm really good at graphics and I used to think I was kind of smart.

2) Neither readmore nor pagebreaks show up on my web page. All the parameters are set correctly, as far as I can tell.

3) Artisteer (yes, I'm using Artisteer - see Item 1) says there was an issue with readmore and K2, but they fixed it in the latest patch. I've got the latest patch, and sure enough they fixed the code error in their ArtContentListItem.php. They didn't fix whatever's causing this.

4) I've got the latest Joomla! and K2, as well.

5) I tried the workaround I found posted by Simon from this forum in which a span div is placed in the readmore code in the k2Readmore class in the category_item.php file. It didn't work for me. I tried every combination of 'readon' and 'readmoreLInk' and 'link' and 'system-readmore' and all kinds of stuff. Spans, no spans, you name it.

6) One very curious thing I've discovered - When I view source on my web page, the hr pagebreak links are there, but the readmore link doesn't show up in the source at all.

7) I'm going completely nuts, because I've been bashing up against this readmore/pagination issue for about two months. I don't like asking for help, but I've got to on this. Please can someone look at this site?

www.mamachills.com

If you're kind enough to login, I'm happy to email you the password, or whatever. I don't expect anyone to hold my hand and fix anything for me, but maybe one of you pros will see what's wrong immediately.

I'd be extremely grateful. I'd like to move on with my learning of this stuff. I'm really enjoying it. I even got some tileable backgrounds working in there where Artisteer didn't provide the option. Those work great. K2 is freakin' amazing.

Damn I just can't write a short post.

Thanks,

Rob Barrett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59609 by Robert
NEVER MIND!!

My gf reminded me that I told her all roads lead to the menu in Joomla.

The menu item was categorized as a K2 Item. I changed it to Categories and now I have readmore and pagebreaks - I think. I'm a little punchy, but I do see a readmore button anyways.

Yes, I said button. I take back the bit about Simon's fix not working. Sorry, Simon.

Sorry. I'm just ignorant. I learn quick, though. It only took me two months to get a readmore link, you know.

Anyways, please disregard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.