Keyword

Migrating Items from 1.5 to 1.7

• Paul
  • Paul's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #59688 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Re: Migrating Items from 1.5 to 1.7
Hi David,

Tried that again, it is Shf404 that stops k2 working, If i post a new item all fine, these imported ones using this way do not, neither does categories.

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #59689 by Peter Thompson
Replied by Peter Thompson on topic Re: Migrating Items from 1.5 to 1.7
Am working my way through this method. My k2 tables from Joomla 1.5 have jos as the prefix but in Joomla 1.7 they are j17. I'm assuming I need to rename my k2 1.5 tables to match 1.7. I've been doing this by deleting the k2 table in joomla 1.7 and then changing the jos to j17. Does that sound right?

Also I'm a bit stuck on points 4, 5, 6. Do I need to change anything in the queries that you've listed ie. substitute anything out? Or do I just copy and paste that query. Under the query section in phpmyadmin there are alot of fields. Do I need to populate those fields at all?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to muddle my way through this. Any help would be appreciated folks.

Attachments:

• Paul
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #59690 by Paul
Hi Peter

I was not a pro at database work but i did the operation after a few tries and learned the following.

Here is what I did

Yes the database prefixes have to be the same on both old and new,

To run the queries, go into the particular table and just below the top main menu where a query shows is another text menu aligned to the right, click on "inline" first option and the editor window opens (see attached)
This is where you type in the Query to change the old admin ID to the New one etc and press go, make sure you are in the correct table.

This does work and i can view K2 in the site, also with the built in SEO of joomla, but i use shf404 on all joomla sites and this cannot read these imported articles.
There seems to be one viewable field that is different in 1.5 - 1.7, i tried copying a new item entry info from this field into one of the imported ones and still did not work, still trying!
Params field has a diffrerent layout.

Hope that helps?
Paul
Attachments:

• Paul
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #59691 by Paul
Just an update on this shf404 issue i am having, I noticed another field in the database that was different, it is the language one on items, a new one adds * the imported ones do not have anything, so I added a * on a test old imported item and it works!!!!!!!!

The next thing to figure out, how to run a Query on 1500+ items to add * into a blank field

May have to check the categories as well

HELP:

I tried to run these Queries -
UPDATE `jos_k2_items` SET language = * WHERE language = NULL
UPDATE `jos_k2_items` SET language = * WHERE language = IS NULL
UPDATE `jos_k2_items` SET language = * WHERE language = NONE

and get the same syntax error, trying to find out more

The language field on the imported items has nothing inside so i used NULL, also tried leaving that blank and adding 0, what is the terminology you use for a blank field database query?

UPDATE:
Found the Query, big learning curve, added the following on k2 items and k2 categories
UPDATE `jos_k2_items` SET language = "*" WHERE language = ""
UPDATE `jos_k2_categories` SET language = "*" WHERE language = ""

My SHF404 Now seems to work with the imported 1500+ k2 in items and categories, hope this helps others

Paul

Happy as a pig in s*** at the minute

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #59692 by avion121
Replied by avion121 on topic Re: Migrating Items from 1.5 to 1.7
I hope im not offtopic, as i am migrating from 1.5 to 2.5. I have migrated all the k2 tables + jos_users and changed all prefixes. The problem is that articles are shown but when you want to "Read More" i always get 403 error. I think its got to do something with users and also categories as they are also not shown on live site. Heres the link to live site to get better idea. www.pfxiforex.net/marcnova . Any help would be highly appreciated

edit. manage to resolve this problem by running a query:

UPDATE `PREFIX_k2_categories` SET access = 1 WHERE access = 0

Now i have trouble with logging into backend, but thats another story i guess,i guess i messed up something with jos_users... :)

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #59693 by theandygram
Replied by theandygram on topic Re: Migrating Items from 1.5 to 1.7
I am having a problem after following these instructions (though upgrading to 2.5) with images and galleries not showing up. I get this error when trying to view articles with galleries:

There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: media/k2/galleries/3786

I have copied over all the media from the media/k2/ directory including "items" and "galleries" and I set the file path in the SIG manager but I don't see the images or galleries associated with my k2 articles.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Many thanks!

More
11 years 9 months ago #59694 by Andy Connell
Replied by Andy Connell on topic Re: Migrating Items from 1.5 to 1.7
I'm testing moving all this over manually and and have it all working fine with no real hiccups after following Steve's Instructions - Thanks!

I have one question though if anyone can help with Steps 6 & 7

6. Update k2_items created_by ID to new J1.7 Super User ID by running SQL query:
UPDATE `PREFIX_k2_items` SET created_by = NEW_ID WHERE created_by = OLD_ID

7. Update k2_items modified_by ID to new J1.7 Super User ID:
UPDATE `PREFIX_k2_items` SET modified_by = NEW_ID WHERE modified_by = OLD_ID

I'm assuming this is if all the articles where written and modified by the same person?

I have 500 articles written by about 40 Authors and modified by around 10 Admins.

How can I get all the articles/items updated to there existing authors?

I have a new J2.5.8 install with K2.6.1 and not much else.
I know I obviously need to also migrate all the Joomla users over. that's my next test.

Andy