Keyword

Partial view of K2 article for non registered user

• Ahtasham Rizvi
  • Ahtasham Rizvi's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59734 by Ahtasham Rizvi
Hi,

I have a website that provides information in exchange of subscription fee.

I want to show such information (articles) to people who have not yet subscribed (registered) to the website. Is there a way that non registered users can see partial articles? say for example one fifth of the article is viewable by non registered users and then they are presented with a module asking them to log in or to subscribe/register.

Will appreciate a prompt response.

Kind regards,
Ahtasham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59735 by Eoin Feeney
Hi I don't think that you can do this easily, I'd suggest that you make some articles available to the general public, or some categories.

Hope that helps (and was fast enough)

• Ahtasham Rizvi
  • Ahtasham Rizvi's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59736 by Ahtasham Rizvi
Replied by Ahtasham Rizvi on topic Re: Partial view of K2 article for non registered user
Hi All!

Just got reply from another Joomla forum... Have resolved this thing and thought to share it here as well.

There is a plugin called "Content Hider" developed by Dioscouri's which does the thing for K2 articles!!

Once the plugin is installed and enabled then you can use the following:

{pub} Any content (even HTML) contained within these will be public {/pub}

{reg} Any content here will be the content displayed only to visitors who are actually logged in {/reg}

One of the advantages of this even over the Joomla default behavior is that the {pub} content will NOT be visible once the visitor is logged in. This allows you to put a call to action (like "please register or a puppy will die every 10 minutes until you do") which will disappear once they are logged in.

Please read this for details.
www.yanaku.com/k2/only-show-k2-intro-text-to-unregistered-users

Kind regards,
Ahtasham

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #59737 by Eoin Feeney
Cool. Good to know!

I would suggest that this is a bit long winded to do for each content item though? Have you seen the "Joomla ACL Guest" tutorial. That might help you resolve this issue in the long term, and then you could just edit a few articles for the front end, but show different ones to logged in users. Perhaps my solution is just as long winded...