Keyword

link delivers blank page! [SOLVED]

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #59740 by jo
Hello

I am using Joomla 1.7.0 with K2 v2.5.1 and I have a strange problem;

I have a category with 3 sub-cats, 7 sub-sub cats, 6 sub-sub-sub cats and 3 sub-sub-sub-sub cats! (19 in total including parent.)

When I put a menu link to the parent category, it delivers a white page, i.e. no code whatsoever, no template. No source code from either viewing Page Source or Firebug.

At first I though it may have been one of the components I was using but I have ruled that out by disabling. The page does display correctly when I turn all the categories and sub categories off. So I have concluded that it must be the amount of categories in use.

You can see the site here: please click on either Programmes in the top menu, or programmes and activities in the left menu to view the problem: 202.76.19.16/

Can anyone offer some insight into this problem?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59741 by Net4fun
I have the same problem. The content is yust blank. Like there is no items.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59742 by jo
Net4Fun,

are you also having the problem with links to multiple categories only? The rest of my menus work fine, most have sub categories, it's just this one with many sub cats.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59743 by jo
Can anyone offer some insights here please, more of my pages are now coming up blank!

I am using the following;

Joomla 1.7.3
K2 v2.5.1

Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/5.2.8 mod_jk/1.2.27
PHP version 5.2.8
MySQL version 5.1.30-log
GD image library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Multibyte string support Disabled
Upload limit 50M
Memory limit 128M
Open remote files (allow url fopen) Yes

Many thanks

More
12 years 10 months ago #59744 by jo
I notice that the Multibyte string support is Disabled, whereas another site I am working on it is Enabled.

Can anyone advise, could this be the problem, and any explanation as to what the Multibyte string support is would be appreciated.

Thanks again

jo

More
12 years 10 months ago #59745 by Net4fun
Yes i have the same blank page prob.

This is the default link, that should show the items in more than one category.

"index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category"

But it shows an empty space, where the content should be.

Could this be the problem:

"Layout options for multiple category selection"
"Select a template = use default"

There is nothing else to choose.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59746 by jo
Hi Net4Fun

Can you check something.... go to the Information tab in K2, do you have Multibyte String Support, enabled or disabled?

I have built an identical verson of the site i am currently working on, on a different server with no problems and the multibyte string support was enabled. With this installation it is disabled. I have contacted my host and asked that he enable this function. I will let you know if this resolves the problem.

i do not know what the multibyte string support is or what it does, but it is a glaring difference between the 2 installations i have been working on. will look into its function.

hope you are having more luck then me :-(

Jo

More
12 years 10 months ago #59747 by jo
Hi Net4Fun

I haven't had a response from my host yet re: enabling multibyte string support, but i did find out how to get an error message instead of a blank page;

go to joomla global congifuration. on the Server tab go to Server Settings and change Error Reporting to Maximum. Reload your blank page and you'll now get an error message.

I will use the message I got to refine my search for help on the forum.

good luck

jo

More
12 years 10 months ago #59748 by Net4fun
Multibyte string support = Enabled in my case.

I dont have any errors, when i enable the debug option. The page loads fine, there is yust no k2 content there.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59749 by jo
Hi

I just got mine fixed. Once the Multibyte sting support was enabled, everything is now working fine.

Is the debug optio that you mentioned the same as the error reporting function under server settings?

Hope you find a solution

Jo