Keyword

How to change class catitemheader to itemheader

• Luci vb
  • Luci vb's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #59775 by Luci vb
--- see second reply for more (recent) info --

Hi,

I'm not a very experienced user from K2, but when I started everything was in div's. My template is built on those classes. But now all of a sudden it changed to span's. I probably accidently unchecked/checked a box, but I just can't find what it should be.

So how do I tell K2 to make div's instead of span's?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59776 by Eoin Feeney
I don't know whether the old and new have changed as you have stated, but I do suspect there is no way to change this using a menu option.

To do it you will probably have to update a few files, but I don't recommend this as any update that you apply may get rid of these custom edits that you make.

What I would suggest instead is that you look in your template CSS file, and find the parts that are controlling your spans, and just change them to divs. Editing your CSS shouldn't be too hard as it is already styled, and would be far easier than editing the main code, and will withstand updates.

Put the CSS in your templates CSS file not the k2 in case that is every updated. I'd recommend using Firefox and Firebug to work out which part of K2 is controlling which part.

Hope that helps.
Eoin

• Luci vb
More
12 years 10 months ago #59777 by Luci vb
I'm sorry, the way I was interpretating the changes is a bit different. I'm using firebug and it was going right to the span instead of the div that was around it. So the change isn't in the span but in something else.

At first firebug would say:
<div id="k2Container" class="itemView itemIsFeatured itemBlogView">
<div class="itemHeader">
<div class="itemDate">
<div class="itemMeta">
<div class="itemToolbar">
<div class="itemRatingBlock">
<div class="itemBody">
<div class="itemLinks">
etc.

Now it says:
<div class="catItemView groupSecondary catItemIsFeatured ja-blazes-blog">
<div class="catItemHeader">
<span class="catItemDateCreated"> woensdag, 07 september 2011 12:16 </span>
<h3 class="catItemTitle">
<span class="catItemAuthor">
</div>
<div class="catItemBody">
<div class="clr"></div>
<div class="clr"></div>
<div class="catItemCommentsLink">
etc.

So it's probably somewhere in the category view, because it added cat before the classes. But I don't now what I can change anymore to try to get the first one back.

• Luci vb
More
12 years 10 months ago #59778 by Luci vb
any ideas?

In the first option there's a seperate class for the date and for the month/year... so I can't change the css because there are missing some classes...

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 10 months ago #59779 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to change class catitemheader to itemheader
Hi Luci vb,

Check if the category is using any template overrides. Category Item Layout -> Select a template.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Luci vb
More
12 years 9 months ago #59780 by Luci vb
There's no template used but an extra additional class assigned at the menu. That's the ja-blazes-blog that is off with the first one and on with the second. I tried it with and without that additional class but it doesn't seem to have any influence. I think it's in the class itemBlogView, that's missing right now but I don't know how to get that back.