Keyword

publish user profiles and users by categories

• Sven Hoppe
  • Sven Hoppe's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59860 by Sven Hoppe
I'm using Joomla 1.7 with the latest version of K2.
For a web project I would like to make customized user profiles of all registered uses viewable for all registered and unregistered users. The profiles should be selectable by clicking superior categories.

1. How can I customize the registration form (Joomla 1.7)?
2. How can I realize these public user profiles? Note: I don't want to use JomSocial or Community Builder!

Thanks for any reply!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59861 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: publish user profiles and users by categories
K2 can create user profiles. I don't really understand what you mean otherwise. The K2 profiles are "author profiles" and you can make them appear on each content item they make (or stop them from doing this if you prefer).

Is this what you want?

• Sven Hoppe
  • Sven Hoppe's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59862 by Sven Hoppe
Replied by Sven Hoppe on topic Re: publish user profiles and users by categories
Thanks for you reply!
What I want is to display every user profile automatically in a selected category without the need to publish any content item. The category should be selected when registering.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59863 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: publish user profiles and users by categories
As far as I can tell, this is not possible with K2.

You can set Joomla! to automatically assign new users to a particular user group. This might solve your problem? You do this under user manager, options.

So you could set up a group specifically for that reason.

To list all of the users, that is a little tricker, you probably need an extension - correct me if I'm wrong people.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59864 by Eoin Feeney
Hey have you tried looking at the K2 Toolbox? There is an authors list there.

Perhaps that would help you? It's one of the modules