Keyword

Any K2 experts can point me in the right direction

• vivaasia
  • vivaasia's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #60029 by vivaasia
I am getting a bit confused with K2.

I have created a module called LATEST MEDIA RELEASES which I have placed on a main page menu item page called Media Center which you can see here myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php/en/media-center

I have then created a K2 Category called media releases and an article/item about an upcoming golf tournament which i have placed in the media releases category and also given a tag called golf.

To tis point everything is ok. When you go to myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php/en/media-center you can see the article in a list which is what I want. However when i click on the article it opens the article in the same page WHICH IS WHAT I DON'T WANT.

What have I done wrong?

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 10 months ago #60030 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Any K2 experts can point me in the right direction
Hi James,

I believe, because it's in a module position, it will show on every page of the menu item. Have you tried creating the menu item to K2 Categories and select the Media Center category. That way, you will have a category item view and when you click it will show the item view. You can set which info to show or hide from the K2 parameters.

K2 Rocks \m/

• vivaasia
More
12 years 10 months ago #60031 by vivaasia
Thanks Kannan,

I have done that and now I end up with this www.myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php/en/media-center

Which section do I change the settings so I don't get the folder but get a list of the articles?

Cheers,

Jim

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 10 months ago #60032 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Any K2 experts can point me in the right direction
hI Jim,

I see that you've removed the folder. The items should load by default unless it's in a different categories. Please also check the Category Item Layout parameters if it's set to show just the featured items. If yes, change it to show.

K2 Rocks \m/

• vivaasia
More
12 years 10 months ago #60033 by vivaasia
Thanks Kannan,

I changed it to show and added a new item but still nothing.

I am sure it is something very simple I am missing.

Jim

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 10 months ago #60034 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Hi Jim,

That's strange, i can only think if the menu item is linked to the correct category.

I can have a look if you can share the access.

K2 Rocks \m/