Keyword

Alphabetical sorting problem?

• temerson
  • temerson's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #60076 by temerson
Alphabetical sorting problem? was created by temerson
Greetings,

One of the website projects I am working on is a resource site that uses K2 to organize and display song lyrics as articles in multiple languages. The English and Russian sides of the site are completely fine, but I've run into a small problem on the Ukrainian side.

For some reason, K2 has decided that a Ukrainian "І" (U+0406) comes before any of the other letters. I am perplexed on this and am sure I'm just missing something. However, I've re-written this song name "І зранку, і на схилі дня" multiple times and another one that begins with a Ukrainian "A" (U+4010). If I use a lower case "і" the problem persists.

Through my troubleshooting, I've noticed that in Open Office org's special character map, the upper (І) and lower (і) case both do not appear in the traditional alphabetical order. However, that shouldn't really matter, since different languages have different alphabetical orders? Like you wouldn't expect a French "ç" to come before a French "A", right?

Visual aid: worship.golgofa.com.ua/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=3&Itemid=14&lang=en

So confused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.