Keyword

How to completly erase user pages?

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60154 by Matt
Hello,

I have basically the same problem as this person: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/remove-user-page-from

I want the annoying user pages to be gone for good, but unfortunately there isn't any option to achive this, so playing with the k2 core files is necessary.

Currently user pages on my site can be accessed via /itemlist/user/id-name

I have modified the core files and removed the user pages, but instead of a 404 page I get kinda redirected to the category page. The url is still /itemlist/user/id-name on the category page.

So it would be really appreciated if someone has a clean and perfect solution how to get rid of the user pages.

Note: I don't want the login or registration to be disabled, I just want to remove the user pages as they are not needed.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 9 months ago #60155 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to completly erase user pages?
Hi Matt,

In Joomla 1.7, you could use the redirect component and send the user's page url to another location. You need to add it manually.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60156 by Matt
Replied by Matt on topic Re: How to completly erase user pages?
Hello, thank you for your reply. A redirect however is not exactly that what I'm looking for. It doesn't remove user pages. What I want is the appropriate code lines to be removed from the core files or optionally an option to disable user pages (perhaps in the next version?).

Best regards
Matt