Keyword

k2 items or content items?

• argie
  • argie's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60251 by argie
k2 items or content items? was created by argie
Hello,

sorry for the basic question here, but I don't understand what is the difference between the items of K2 and the normal content items of Joomla.

Currently I'm migrating a site to a new one, and on this new site I'm using K2. So, what I did was use the "import Joomla content" button of K2, and I got all the items from Joomla, categories, etc.
But now I realize that when I get into an article using the menu of my site I'm getting into the original article, and not the article-item of K2.
And I don't understand what should I do: use the item of K2, or use the normal items from Joomla...

Besides it, how can I do a menu pointing to a category that really shows the k2 items, and not the normal items of Jooma?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60252 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: k2 items or content items?
K2 is a replacement or an enhanced com_content which will display your joomla articles that have been imported thru k2's own menu items.
When sigPro and all videos from Joomlaworks are added to your site you have the ability to create an item(where you formerly used articles) that contain, an item image, gallery, video, extra fields, and attachments - without other add ons or code inside the item to display them.
Try creating a new menu item K2 category, and look thru the default display or go to the k2 demo site at joomlaworks.gr and see what is possible.
You can still use Joomla articles when needed or they suit your need best.

• argie
  • argie's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60253 by argie
Replied by argie on topic Re: k2 items or content items?
Thanks William. Now I understand better what is the difference between k2 items and normal joomla items.

But I don't find any difference between a menu k2 Category and the normal joomla category. I.e., of course K2 Category show the article with its photo and a little intro text, but I can't find a way to personalize it. Currently I'm getting 1 featured article and 2 columns, but I don't know where to change it, and other properties as the column width, etc.