Keyword

itemToolbar showing even if no items are shown...

• Ingmar Gutberlet
  • Ingmar Gutberlet's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60343 by Ingmar Gutberlet
itemToolbar showing even if no items are shown... was created by Ingmar Gutberlet
Hi All,

I do not want to show any of the content that K2 would display in the "itemToolbar", such as the font sizer or the "Print" or "Email" links, on any of my pages. All of them are thus switched off.

However, even with all of these switched off in the category my K2 items inherit their settings from, a very slim itemToolbar is shown nonetheless for all K2 items (no category overrides set!).

This is a bit of a nuisance, since there also is some empty space shown above it, then there is the toolbar taking up space and then there also is some space below it, all of which is shown entirely unnecessarily.

I am therefore hoping that someone can point me in the direction of a solution for how to switch the itemToolbar off completely if it contains no content.

Ingmar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 9 months ago #60344 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: itemToolbar showing even if no items are shown...
Hi Ingmar,

You can do a template override and remove the div itemToolbar in item.php or perhaps set the visibility to hidden in your css.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Ingmar Gutberlet
  • Ingmar Gutberlet's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60345 by Ingmar Gutberlet
Replied by Ingmar Gutberlet on topic Re: itemToolbar showing even if no items are shown...
Hi Kannan,

thanks for your reply.

I took a closer look at template overrides and at item.php now and realized that the itemToolbar also responds to the movie and gallery anchor settings. I have one single page with an image gallery and had therefore left that option set to on, not realizing that this would cause for the itemToolbar to be shown empty everywhere.

I now changed this by switching this option off in the base category and to on in the article with the image gallery and voila, all behaves as it should, mea culpa for this false alarm.

The fairly large space above and below the mainbody still remained, but since the CSS ist just as easily overriden, that effect was fairly "short-lived". Kudos to the K2 team...

Ingmar