Keyword

Can't save articles in Internet Explorer7-9

• elguisante
  • elguisante's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60358 by elguisante
Hi,

I've got a website that work with no problem in Chrome and Firefox, but in Internet Explorer users are having problems saving articles in frontend.

When they select the category, the itemform lightbox becomes in full the content of the Extra Fields tab.

Then users cannot save or do anything, actually they cannot even close the lightbox.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• elguisante
  • elguisante's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60359 by elguisante
Replied by elguisante on topic Re: Can't save articles in Internet Explorer7-9
I still haven't been able to identify the problem. I did some changes to the itemform.php but reverting them back to the original file does not fix the problem.

It happens as well with the atomic template so it is not something specific to my template either.

The problem is when I choose a category while entering a new article in the frontend. Choosing the category should activate content of the Extra fields inside the Extra Fields tab. I does so in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but it does not in Internet Explorer.

I tried it with Internet Explorer Version 7, 8 and 9. In all these when I choose the category the full iframe on the lightbox for entering a new article becomes the content that should go inside the Extra Fields tab.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it, my client is getting really worried.

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.