Keyword

How do you show full text on a Categories Page

• Eric Rubino
  • Eric Rubino's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60425 by Eric Rubino
In my main menu I have a News link to show all news items of my news and events category.

On the news and events categories page it shows the title of each item and the intro text.

Is there a way to get it to just show the title and the full text? I can only see how to hide the intro text under "Item view options in category listings > Show Intro".

I don't want to view Intro text because I have the intro text show only on my homepage for my featured news articles.

new.e3federal.com/ (This page shows my featured news articles aka intro text)
new.e3federal.com/news-events.html (This is the category page that I want the full text to show)

If this can't be done, does anyone know of an extension that will allow you to display featured news articles on your homepage, but define the text that is displayed with a read more link that takes you to the article or the news page that shows all news items?

Can someone please help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 9 months ago #60426 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How do you show full text on a Categories Page
Hi Eric,

Are you using the <hr id="system-readmore" /> to separate the item content ? If yes, then the news-events.html page should have a readmore button that links to the item page view. (Do not hide the read more button) If not, you will have a full view of the item inside category or item view.

K2 Rocks \m/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.