Keyword

Tag Page Creating Duplicate URLs with sh404SEF

• Jereme
  • Jereme's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60454 by Jereme
All of the tag pages in K2 are creating duplicate URLs in sh404SEF. It looks like each tag URL is also getting built with every menu item ID as well. I have over 80 different menu items and each tag page is getting around 100 duplicate URLs.

Below are an example of some of the URLs built for a single tag page:

index.php?option=com_k2&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=488&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=484&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=506&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=435&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=478&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=666&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=537&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=487&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=595&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=552&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist
index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=609&lang=en&tag=cell+phone&task=tag&view=itemlist

I am using Joomla 1.7.0 and K2 2.5.0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jereme
  • Jereme's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60455 by Jereme
I have update Joomla to version 1.7.3 and K2 to version 2.5.4 and I'm still seeing this issue. Is this normal? Should there be multiple URLs pointing to the same tag page in K2?

More
12 years 8 months ago #60456 by Matt
I am having the same issue. Serious help is required here. If that is not solved then this means that K2's tag features is worthless for sites with good SEO.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #60457 by BBC
Just make a free account in Google Webmaster tools and in settings you have option to remove some links from Google cache and index.
(not option URL by URL, leave it alone, but as batch processing, all URLs at once. All with tag&view, en&tag, etc... in it.)

In that URL example it would be: tag&view, en&tag, etc...

And there will be none punishment from Google. Or bad placements.

www.google.com/webmasters/tools/