Keyword

Some Questions Before Using K2

More
12 years 9 months ago #60511 by Chris
Some Questions Before Using K2 was created by Chris
Hello All,

I am looking at using K2 to replace the core content component in Joomla. I was wondering if someone could please answer some of my questions below. I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Can you publish K2 items to the frontpage like you do with the core content component in Joomla and without the K2 category menu that I see all the time on sites? How do you publish items to the frontpage? Do you have to make a category called frontpage or is there away to do this in K2?
  2. Has anybody ever Phoca Gallery Plugin in K2 items? I use Phoca Gallery for our images and we are always including images from there into our articles.
  3. I see there is a K2 extension for allowing items to be added to multiple categories. Does this work and is there a limit to the number of categories?
  4. I have audio and video stored in the media folder on my server and have been using JPlayer to insert it into my articles. Will I be able still to use JPlayer in K2 or is there another option that will allow me to do this in K2 without having to move the files from there current location on the server?
  5. Are they any good tutorials on templating for K2?

Thanks for the help in advance. I am looking for away to extend our news section on our site and it seems that K2 can do it for us, but this will depend if we can use other components with it.

Thanks again,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.