Keyword

Notification to author of item expiration

• Chris Pettipiere
  • Chris Pettipiere's Avatar Topic Author
  • Arrghh I've fallen off.....
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60524 by Chris Pettipiere
Notification to author of item expiration was created by Chris Pettipiere
I am working on a site that will allow professors of a university to publish their research.
In an attempt to make the contributors update more often the website is required to inform the author of material that they have to update their profiles.

I am looking at autoarchive2 to do this but it is not a K2 component.,is there anything else to help with this,

Chris Pettipiere

Complicated and diffuiculty problems will be done today the impossible will take at least a week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Pettipiere
  • Chris Pettipiere's Avatar Topic Author
  • Arrghh I've fallen off.....
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60525 by Chris Pettipiere
Replied by Chris Pettipiere on topic Re: Notification to author of item expiration
OK I have just re-read the above and I want to clarify want I am try to do:

On certain articles I want to have notification go out to the article/item author that their article will be unpublished on a certain date, and if they don't update the article the item will be unpublished, the theory is that a blank page will be embrassing and that the responsible author will then do something about it.

Ideally the component/extension will do the following:
  • Advise the admin of a new or modified article who can then set a Unpublish date

• Email the author of the item/article about upcoming expiry of an item (this can be handled by unpublishing, emailing and them republishing the item for a set time (1 week / 1 month)

• Unpublish the item and email the author once again.

• Advise admin if the article is update

Hopefully thats clearer - The final wonderful stage would be that the flagged article could have a automatically set unpublish date to save admin a job.

Cheers,

Chris

Complicated and diffuiculty problems will be done today the impossible will take at least a week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.