Keyword

FOR GODS SAKE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE SPAMBOTS!

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60670 by Matt
This forum is continiuously spamed by spambots. I don't get what's so difficult to do something about them. So please don't just delete them, but improve the spambot detection here by installing better captchas or something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60671 by yaksushi
I second that! You guys need more than 2 mod's to help monitor this Forum. It's been like this since Friday.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60672 by Thierry

Buddy Q wrote: I second this as well. Also what's with the 120 second spam detection stuff? Doesn't look like it works if all that spam is working. It's pretty limiting and useless obviously.

JoomlaWorks has gone to crap support. Thanks for everything. That's okay though, I found a great new Joomla CCK called Content Builder.

I just joined and it has been awful, is this s K2 support site or an underground promotion site for football.
I have downloaded Content Builder and K2, went the K2 route, may change my mind. Have you installed and had any thoughts on Content Builder?

More
12 years 9 months ago #60673 by yaksushi
I've been using k2 for over 3 years now, it's a great component but there needs to be more moderators to help manage this forum. There are 2 mods assigned to the site one hasn't logged in since 28 Nov 2011 the other 18 Dec 2011. This is not sufficient to support such a large userbase.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60674 by JoomlaWorks
You have to understand this is real human spam added in the forum. Despite reCaptcha being on or post throttling, they can still wait and post their crap.

To be honest, it's not Kunena's fault. Joomla! should offer "some" tools to prevent that.

Since that can't change anytime soon, we've decided to build our own solution - so we can make it public to others as well. This solution boils down to 2 things:
1. Prevent spammers from signing up in your site in the first place, with the use of massive spammer databases available for free (e.g. Bad Behaviour)
2. Prevent spammers who were not detected upon signup by using some basic text analysis before a comment or forum post in Kunena is added.

This will take about 2 weeks, so please bare with us until then.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #60675 by yaksushi
For the time being I'd be happy to help out deleting all the spam in the "New to K2? Ask here first!" forum. I'm on it daily looking up answers to my 1.5 to 1.7 migrations issues.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60676 by JoomlaWorks
I guess you've noticed by now that spam posts have been significantly reduced. We have integrated a third-party community-driven service and we are seriously considering adding this integration within K2. This service will basically identify spammers upon registration and block them.

We will follow up with a blog post and more details soon :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)