Keyword

Category View

More
12 years 9 months ago #60698 by Nikos
Category View was created by Nikos
I am using K2 and I have a problem in category view. I want to display only article images. I achieved this through category configuration. But, I also want to display a menu with each category as a link. So, if user select 1st category only images of that specific category will be listed. When an image is clicked it shows K2 Item View.

So to do all that, I have created a menu. It's menu item is responsible to show images from a specific category. This menu is assigned to a module. I have chosen to display that module in the according pages.

The problems is that this menu is still visible when an image is clicked and we are in item view. I don't want that!! I guess this has to do with joomla menus structure. Joomla treats item view as a sub-page of the menu item.

Since I cannot imagine a way to achieve this, I suspect that I must edit a .php file to list each category in a horizontal layout. Which file shall I edit to perform that? Any better ideas to do that?

Since all these probably sound complicated here is an example of what I want to achieve:
www.coco-mat.com/?i=coco_gr.en.sleep-products

Imagine this is the category view. You can see that there is a horizontal menu that each time brings the appropriate photos. But, when you click a specific image the menu is hidden. How can I achieve that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 9 months ago #60699 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Category View
Hi Nikos,

You can try Advanced Module Manager and manage the module not to show in K2 items. See here

or,

I've seen this code being used to hide module positions in Joomla articles, maybe changing the "article" to "item" will hide it on item view.

Joomla Article

K2 Rocks \m/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.