Keyword

Front end editing

• Gregwh
  • Gregwh's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60755 by Gregwh
Front end editing was created by Gregwh
I have added front end editing for certain user groups, made them up within K2, changed the logon from the Joomla to the K2 logon and yet whenever either any of the allowed groups or myself, a super user, logon, the only way I can ADD a new item is via that option in the logon panel once logged on and there is no way to edit an existing item unless I use the Joomla editor, which I dont want to use. At least the add a new item only in the logon panel shows the K2 editor which is what I want.

So, can someone tell me how the heck I get to allow people to edit their own items and myself as super user to edit anything at all using the K2 editor from the front end please? While I know how to do it in the back end, I need to be able to give that ability to the user groups who should have it and DO have it under Joomla but apparently not in K2 even though it is there and set up.

One thing to note that is different about my site is that it is selling articles people wish to post per read. So, any category that exists that a web site viewer clicks on will show a list of articles, one under the other, there. I suspect that is the reason K2 doesnt show up editing as there is no picture associated with the articles that sometimes have to be edited.

Thanks for any help. I need it desperately!

Greg (K2 newbie).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #60756 by Patrick Jackson
Replied by Patrick Jackson on topic Re: Front end editing
Keen to work out this too... clients currently are asking about having front end editing, but without changing all the articles to their ownership, it seems that the superadmin feature (so you can edit every article from the front end) is not currently able to be implemented.

K2 2.5.4, Joomla 1.7.3.

Will post back when/if I find an answer.

More
12 years 8 months ago #60757 by Patrick Jackson
Replied by Patrick Jackson on topic Re: Front end editing
Musings while discussing it with some other K2 users in my timezone.

They think it's not possible out of the box - though they've also not needed it (have only needed submitters to be able to edit their own content from the front end).

The one thing I think I'd like to try, but it might impact on the actual last step - the template override might allow the link to be shown, but might not allow the article to be edited. Need to try first in my sandbox.

Currently:
IF loggedinuser = articleowner THEN allow edit

To try in template override
IF (loggedinuser = articleowner OR loggedinsuer=super administrator )THEN allow edit