Keyword

Can't Add item and category in Joomla 1.7.3

More
12 years 9 months ago #60762 by snnu
Hi,
I install the K2 (2.5.4) in the Joomla 1.7.3. when I add item or category in the background, it will display blank. does someone can help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60763 by Matt
Hi, the support here is not that good but I'll try to help you.

k2 displays items and categories only if they have been made via k2 itself. Perhaps you have mixed normal joomla articles/categories (com_content) with k2 articles/categories (k2_container) ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #60764 by snnu
Thanks Matt.
I add a category through the "New" button when I locate at the "component-->k2-->categories". When I type the Title, and click "Save", there will display nothing! I checkd the database, the new category is not added.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60765 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Can't Add item and category in Joomla 1.7.3
If "there will display nothing" means a blank page try turning error reporting on hightest in Joomla global settings , check the error if one shows up, and try to track the problem from there

More
12 years 9 months ago #60766 by sapiens
Same story here.

Adding New Category via K2, no any tricks, just giving it a name and alias, saving, closing - nothing appears in Categories list. list of categories is empty.

Clean install of J1.7.3, two languages, default on front page is NOT English. Changing it to English doesn't give any better result - category list is still empty.

BUT when I try to create an ITEM, there on page with all fields about ITEM, in drop-down list "select category" there ARE all categories I've created while trying' and testing..

Creating item, and it also doesn't appear in list of items.. Reinstall didn't help..

Safari 5.1.1 (don't know, will this help?..)

More
12 years 9 months ago #60767 by snnu
Thanks all you for your help!
I have found the problem! I missed the php-mbstring!
Thanks you again!

More
12 years 9 months ago #60768 by sapiens
Could you, please, add more details about "php-mbstring"? where should I look for it and what to do?..

More
12 years 6 months ago #60769 by monkichi
I faced the same issues here could you please provide more info on how to solve that? millions of thanksssss

More
12 years 6 months ago #60770 by dorosh
I have the same problem in Joomla 2.5.3. Have you any solution?

More
12 years 6 months ago #60771 by monkichi
Dunno if this help, but at least it helped me getting the save button work.

"As suggested if you are using joomla 1.7 and k2 2.5.5 go to joomla admin > Extensions > Plugin Manager > Disable "Smart Search - K2" plugin."

ref: www.gavick.com/forums/general-discussion/k2-2-5-5-problem-14690.html