Keyword

Cant display K2 articles

• Gregwh
  • Gregwh's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60823 by Gregwh
Cant display K2 articles was created by Gregwh
I have a site where I want front end editing for article submissions. The Joomla article editor worked fine but it was too hard and clunky for most people to use so I came to K2. It seemed to work fine but I edited an article, logged on as an author and saved it and the edited article didnt display on the site. It apparently ONLY displays the Joomla based articles, not the K2 ones.

My site is a template where you click on the navigation for categories to the left of screen and you either get a list of sub categories in the middle of the screen and after going into them see a list of articles or if no sub categories, just see the list of articles in the middle of the screen (other navigation is to the right so I have a left and right column and article data in the centre site). When you click on any article, it shows the contents in the centre of the screen between left and right columns of navigation links.

I finally realised the reason I wasnt seeing the editing work was because I was seeing the Joomla article not the K2 article, having believed K2 just edited the joomla article which I would have preferred given this problem. I went to the K2 Content module, saw it was unpublished and published it but it needs to be set to a position in Joomla and when I do that for a test, it displays ALL the articles there are in the article category list in that position which is obviously wrong.

So, how do I get K2 content to show as Joomla content does, in the centre of screen between the left and right navigation panes and links please?

Thanks for any help.

Greg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.