Keyword

word limit in intros in latest articles from cat

• gaker
  • gaker's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60894 by gaker
Hello
I would like to limit the words in intros in startpage where are displayed articles submitted by normal users whose don't have "read more" button in editor, when submittingthe article.

How I can limit this? As start page Im using index.php?option=com_k2&view=latest&layout=latest view - latest from user or category

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gaker
More
12 years 9 months ago #60895 by gaker
please help.

I really need this feature, I am sure that this option is avalaible in K2

More
12 years 9 months ago #60896 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: word limit in intros in latest articles from cat
If the text showing in the category view is too much for you, i would try in an override using a substring php statement around the text that you are wanting to limit.

• gaker
More
12 years 9 months ago #60897 by gaker

William White wrote: If the text showing in the category view is too much for you, i would try in an override using a substring php statement around the text that you are wanting to limit.

hello,
thank you for reply

Is there any option avalaible? Is it any article how create similar substring?

I would like to limit text in the intro to about 150 words WITHOUT setting the tag in artictle body. I would like to use this on the index.php?option=com_k2&view=latest&layout=latest --- view - latest from user or category. Im using this layout as my start page.

Im building site with content from the normal users, not professional editors and they dont know how to use these options.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60898 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: word limit in intros in latest articles from cat
A start would be to create a custom k2 template or override
Find the file category_item.php in the override you create
Locate the display of the text in the file and change the php code to display the characters you want

More
12 years 9 months ago #60899 by william white
Also, read this link
getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first!/740-SOLVED-Why-isnt-the-introtext-working
your users may be able to type into two boxes depending on the k2 version you are using

More
12 years 9 months ago #60900 by joshua baer
Limiting the text does not function in latest view. Just change the menu to category, then in category set the parameters to latest, pic whichever categories, and set the into limit there.

More
12 years 5 months ago #60901 by Pata
Ooooooh! Thank you thank you THANK YOU Joshua Baer!! :kiss:

Finally, the answer I tried to find in the last 5 hours of research in 3 languages all over the web! I was going crazy! :woohoo: