Keyword

Can I add headings to my titles with k2?

• JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA
  • JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61222 by JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA
Can I add headings to my titles with k2? was created by JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA
I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if I can add headings to my article titles to make it look like the attached file. I am using ijoomla newsportal to do this now but it uses lots of resources and makes my site very slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61223 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
Do you mean the green text or the text above it?

More
12 years 8 months ago #61224 by JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA
Replied by JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
Hi! Thanks for answering! I mean the little text line above de titles. We run a news site for a newspaper and we publish the news as they are for the print version of the paper. Journalist write most of the time titles with a heading that completes the idea of the title, so the title contains basically two lines a small line we call heading and the title itself.
To do that we use ijoomla news in our site but it uses queries that are very long and make our site slow and sometimes make the site unavailable. We are willing to make a fresh installation of joomla with k2, but we dont want to edit the titles to make them fit in one line and we prefer not to use ijoomla news.

Do you think we can do what we would like to do using k2? and how can we do it?
Thanks a lot!

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 8 months ago #61225 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
Hi Jose,

As @William asked, which is the title ? the green text? if it's the text above the green text then there is a way to do it in K2 with template overrides.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 8 months ago #61226 by JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA
Replied by JOSE RAMON MUCHACHO MENDOZA on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
Yes, what we call heading is the text above the green text, (by the way the color of the text is not important for us) what we need is to split the article title into two lines being the first one smaller than the second one and also we would like to be able to indicate what goes in the first line and what goes in the second line.

Is that what can be done with a template override?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 8 months ago #61227 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
Hi Jose,

This is how i would do it, and there are few sacrifices to make :D , just kidding. The main idea is to use the extra field.

1) Create an extra field [header title] and assign it to your category. Note there should be only 1 field. If you want to display more, just add more.

2) Go to your category -> Item view option for category listing and set the extra field to show.

3) Open you category_item.php and copy the extra field block ( remove the divs or styling or add your own )

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 8 months ago #61228 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
@kannan I like your idea
Another idea would be to "hide" the title altogether and insert the title as the first two line of the item, using html and a line break. T his would require you to rely on the readmore or go back and add a link to it after it gets assigned an id number

More
12 years 8 months ago #61229 by Wade Micheal
Replied by Wade Micheal on topic Re: Can I add headings to my titles with k2?
thank you for sharing. air jordan shhoes