Keyword

FIXED: Won't open K2 Item: 404

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #61589 by Joren
FIXED: Won't open K2 Item: 404 was created by Joren
FIXED: After placing the com_k2 folder in the templates folder on the server and making a new item that I connected to the menu item it works.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a kind of a pickle, where my big mouth promised my boss to make a small community website for a diving team.

I've installed K2 without errors, created a category and added a K2 item to a menu item. All seemed pretty straight forward, but when I clicked the menu link I get a #404 Item not found.

There is an attachment in the item that I can download from the backoffice, so that works fine so far. Anything I'm clearly doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I added a print screen of the error.

Edit: Joomla! v1.7.3 -- K2 v2.5.4

Website
Webpage with error

It's really ugly at the moment, but since my boss also employs a graphic designer, and I'm not, that's his problem ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #61590 by Michael Siemers
Replied by Michael Siemers on topic Re: FIXED: Won't open K2 Item: 404
What folder did you put the com_k2 folder in the templates folder?

Did you put it in the root of the templates folder?

If you could give me the exact path you used, I'd appreciate it. I am having the same problem with Joomla 2.5.

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #61591 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: FIXED: Won't open K2 Item: 404
Hello Michael,

This post will help you with overrides getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

If you have followed this tutorial and still cannot see your overrides that could mean two things.

a) Your template is using a framework which does not respect the standard overriding procedure. (You need to ask your template developer for more info)

b) A 3rd party plugin is blocking your overrides. Some extensions create their own com_k2 folders and use these folder for overrides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)