Keyword

adding menu item

• daryl chambers
  • daryl chambers's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61592 by daryl chambers
adding menu item was created by daryl chambers
Experienced web guy but new to the Joomla world. Joomla as a user experience is a mess. K2 has helped to put some order to things but I need some help with this issue/
In K2 I created some categories, then some items (articles) and then I was going to link them to a page but no menu creator in K2 so I go back to main and "add a menu item"
where it asks to select the article, the categories and articles I just made in K2 are not available in the drop down list in J!
So how am I supposed to connect the dots..... and why would Joomlaworks stop just short of having an entire process done in one spot by providing a menu tool ;)

Help
thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61593 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: adding menu item
When you create a new menu item, lets say to your mainmenu, click menu type, and you will see many types of menu types you can create. There is a section of K2, item, caegory, tag, etc
Usually a category is selected which will display all the k2 items in a category according to the category paramaters you have set. Look thru all the category param settings and you will see item view in category, and item view. Set them to display as you like.
You might also look at the menu links on the template makers demo which show K2 item, category, user, etc views linked from menu choices. Joomlabamboo.com and gavick.com both have demos of their templates with k2 links.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.