Keyword

Automatic expiration date? Or editing k2 archive?

• elisa gabriel pasceri
  • elisa gabriel pasceri's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61594 by elisa gabriel pasceri
Automatic expiration date? Or editing k2 archive? was created by elisa gabriel pasceri
Hi!

Thanks in advance for the great work you are doing with K2, and sorry to moderator if this is not the right place to post my question:

Is there a way to set an automatic expiration date for a k2 item, after which it moves automatically to a specific category (that is, archive) ?

I've been happily using the auto_Archiver plugin posted on the old k2 community, here:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/auto-archiver

and i was wondering if there's a way to edit it so to force items to expire after a specific amount of time, i.e. 7 days

The whole thing is due to the fact that the "k2 tools module - Archive option" doesn't allow to filter items from selected categories, which is a problem for my kind of website.

The idea is to have a link that points to an archive of items picked up from two-three categories, such as News (and subcategories), whereas the archive module lists either all items from all categories or item only from one category, regardless of its subcategories, if any.

The autorchive solution was a sort of workaround:

- items move to a new category
- the archive link points to that new category

Only, the website is growing, so does the amount of articles, and it's getting a little confusing to set expiration time manually, as the items are managed by different people.

So it'd be perfect to have an automatic expiration date.

Thanks a lot for your patience (such a long post!) and for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.