Keyword

FrontEnd link "Latest Items from" or "Categories"

More
12 years 8 months ago #61639 by Yetz
Hello

I'm trying to display a list of all articles from categories and sub categories, on my frontpage.
Everything should be displayed in one column, with informations like "written by: " and "published on; ".

For now my cats are:
cat 0 with subcat 0-1 and subcat 0-2
cat 1 with subcat 1-1 and subcat 1-2
No root cat above cat 0 and cat1..

I first tried to add a menu link to "Latest items from (one or more) users or categories": everything is great, one column, and well ordered (from newest to older articles, through all cats and subcats). But no author link. I went throught all config stuff, and support forums, and it seems we can not display the author name for each article in this layout.
Right ?

Then i tried to change the menu link to Categories. There are not much options for this kind of link in the menu editor, so i just put it by default. Fetching sub cats is checked.
It displays the articles, i have the autor link, and publication date, but some articles (from different cats) are displayed on 2 colums,
I don't understand where i'm supposed to edit the way this layout is displayed ... I tried to change all categories and sub categories listing options to only display one column, it didn't change anything. Is there a way to change this layout ?

May someone help ?
Site is definearth.com.

Thanks a lot for your support,

Yetz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61640 by Yetz
Okay sorry i think i need some glasses ... I just didn't scroll in the menu link options ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.