Keyword

Comments: registered users only doesn't work?

• benbogart
  • benbogart's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61794 by benbogart
Hello

I'm using Joomla 1.5.24
With K2 2.5.4

In parameters, if I set Global setting for comments to enabled for everyone the box to enter comments shows perfectly. If I set Global setting for comments to "Enabled for registered users only" the comments box never shows, not even for registered users.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

As an aside: its strange that there is no english language community forum other than this one for people new to k2.

Thanks,
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benbogart
  • benbogart's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61795 by benbogart
Bump. Are others having this problem as well?

More
12 years 8 months ago #61796 by Matthew Richards
Replied by Matthew Richards on topic Re: Comments: registered users only doesn't work?
Benjamin,
I was having the same issues as you. The comments form would disappear after changing to registered users only. Here is what I did, although my users are registered, they are under Joomla registration as registered. You need to go into K2, click on each user and assign them to the User Group "Registered". Also go to the User Groups tab and select Registered and make sure you have enabled comments for this group.

I had to go back and manually do this for about 500 users, very frustrating. There is an option in the "K2" registration form to have them automatically put into a user group, IF you are using the K2 registration this will work for future registered users. I am using JomSocial registration, so until K2 integrates user profiles from JomSocial I am going to have to manually do this for every user......