Keyword

Want to hide "moderate comments..." on K2 User

• Andrea
  • Andrea's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61831 by Andrea
Hi, I'd like to hide the "Moderate comments to my published items" link that appears on the K2 User module when a user is logged on. Does anybody know how to do it?

Site: artedelviaggio.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61832 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Want to hide "moderate comments..." on K2 User
look in the file userblock.php in
modules/k2_login/tmpl

More
12 years 5 months ago #61833 by marjan
Hi William, is it possible please that you explain a little more for the people like me who are not very familiar with PHP yet, what we should do in userblock.php?

Thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago #61834 by marjan
Hi Andrea, I would like to do the same. Did you find the answer?

More
12 years 4 months ago #61835 by duncan12
I think what he is saying is that you have to find that file and comment out the relevant php. If you aren't familiar, this might be too much.

It can be found in one of two places, depending on whether your login module is the k2 login or the k2 user block. In the first case, the PHP file is where the previous user suggested. You'll need to find that file, crack it open, and comment out the line that looks like this:
<li>
			<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_k2&view=comments&tmpl=component'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('K2_MODERATE_COMMENTS_TO_MY_PUBLISHED_ITEMS'); ?></a>
		</li>

If you are using the k2 user block, it works just the same, except you'll find the file here: modules/mod_k2_user/tmpl/userblock.php

Any text editor will work for you. Just edit out the text/code, save the file, and it should be fine.

Note: if you ever plan to update/upgrade K2, you'll need to learn about overrides. Google it. In short, you copy that file and move it under your template so that K2 won't wipe out your nifty little code changes next time you upgrade.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #149227 by baijianpeng
Replied by baijianpeng on topic Re: Want to hide "moderate comments..." on K2 User
Since this link only work when comments are managed by K2 component, so it is useless for users who manage comments with other Commenting tools like Disqus, or Komento.

But, even if we choose to use Komento component to manage comments for K2, this link still shows up on K2 User module. What is the point to show it there under such an circumstance ?

So, Why not just add a new option in parameters of mod_k2_user like:

Show "moderate comments" link: Yes / No

Such an extra option will make admin easier to work.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com

Chinese Joomla! Users Portal
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by baijianpeng.

More
8 years 10 months ago #149231 by Lefteris
@baijianpeng

Hi,

Would you mind posting your suggestion at the K2 repository at github.com/joomlaworks/k2 ?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #149249 by baijianpeng
Replied by baijianpeng on topic Re: Want to hide "moderate comments..." on K2 User

Lefteris wrote: @baijianpeng

Hi,

Would you mind posting your suggestion at the K2 repository at github.com/joomlaworks/k2 ?

hi, @Lefteris,

Do you mean that I should post this feature request to Github than here?

Or do you mean that I should code it myself if I need a new feature because you don't have time to do it?

Or do you mean that I should not request any new feature because you are so busy to pay attention to it?

www.joomlagate.com

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #149265 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Want to hide "moderate comments..." on K2 User
Actually it's the first.

Do you mean that I should post this feature request to Github than here?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #149316 by baijianpeng
hi, I had posted this feature request as you asked:

github.com/joomlaworks/k2/issues/255

www.joomlagate.com