Keyword

Having problem trying to get the K2 user module to

• Mike Anderson
  • Mike Anderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #61931 by Mike Anderson
I am trying to get a website going that for now will allow registered users to leave comments. I am using Joomla v1.7.3 and K2 v2.5.4.

I am having problem trying to get the K2 user module to work. I keep getting the 404 error.

I have tried the K2 user module manager login redirection URL set to both "Home” and “Select Menu item”. User – k2 ordering is set at 0. A “registered” user group is created and that is where newly registered users are assigned. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Joomla and K2. Currently K2 is the only extension added. The “Home” page is the default and I have it configured as a K2 category. I have tried SEF URLS and use URL rewriting both on and off.

There is no entry either on the jos_user or jos_k2_user tables, so no event is being triggered. One odd thing that I find on the registration page is, in the same font as the rest of the page is below and to the left of the URL entry is “REGISTER_REQUIRED” which in my mind shouldn’t be on a registration page.

One other related question, if I ever get this working is can I comment out the gender and URL out of the k2 login page from the k2.php?

I am ready to get this working and move on. I appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61932 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Having problem trying to get the K2 user module to
the REGISTER_REQUIRED is coming from the language file somewhere and should display text from there.
please post a link to the site if it is live

• Mike Anderson
More
12 years 8 months ago #61933 by Mike Anderson

More
12 years 8 months ago #61934 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Having problem trying to get the K2 user module to
Just tested on live site.
j2.5 k2 2.5.4 jbamboo responsive(partially working)
Joomla usermanager options =
allow registration=yes
new user group = registared
user account activation = self
mod_k2 login activated
The registared user can comment, but unregistared get a message "registar to comment"

• Mike Anderson
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #61935 by Mike Anderson
Replied by Mike Anderson on topic Re: Having problem trying to get the K2 user module to
So... the solution would be to upgrade to Joomla 2.5? Well at least I found out about this in the early stages. Thanks again.

Can I "comment out the gender and URL out of the k2 login page from the k2.php?" Do I also have to do something to the datables?

More
12 years 8 months ago #61936 by william white
I really dont think its a 1.7 to 2.5 issue
I use4r mod_k2 login

• Mike Anderson
More
12 years 8 months ago #61937 by Mike Anderson
Replied by Mike Anderson on topic Re: Having problem trying to get the K2 user module to
OK. I appreciate you helping a newbie out. "mod_k2 login". Are you saying you are using the old k2 login? Aren't we supposed to use the k2 user now??

More
12 years 8 months ago #61938 by william white
Yes it says that, but i havent tried it yet. it says that 2.6 will bring changes to use the new one...
i feel sure it will work, but just havent had time to get it going

• Mike Anderson
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #61939 by Mike Anderson
Wow! I just spent a week trying to make it work. Go Figure! Thanks once again for your help.

More
12 years 3 months ago #61940 by Bryan
After several days wrestling with 'K2 User' module, as suggested, I gave up and used the 'K2 Login' module. The problem with Login Redirection URL not working is now solved.

Joomla - ver 2.5.6
K2 - ver 2.5.7

FYI (for what it's worth)

K2 User:
- Login Redir URL = NOT working
- Logout Redir URL = working

K2 Login:
- Login Redir URL = working
- Logout Redir URL = working