Keyword

Item View using wrong template

• Vista Mar
  • Vista Mar's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #62054 by Vista Mar
Item View using wrong template was created by Vista Mar
Hi there,

I have a question, I have set up my website with 2 templates. 1 for the homepage (this is the default template) and 1 for the content pages.

I have set up my menu so that I get a K2 catagories view on a content page. On this page I am seeing several items with a "read more" button. Now, when I click the read more button, I get the full Item view only it is displayed on the other template (the default "homepage" template).

Does anybody know how I can solve this? I hope I have explained this clearly enough for you, unfortunately I only have the site on my localhost right now. But would be able to upload it to a demo environment if necissairy.

Thanks for any help,
Steven

by the way, latest version K2 on Joomla 1.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62055 by Adam L
Replied by Adam L on topic Re: Item View using wrong template
Hi Steven,

To specify: are you using two Joomla templates (which you assign through Joomla Template Manager), or have you created two K2 templates (which you copied into your xyz/html/com_k2/templates directory)?

I am working through many similar issues as I'm learning K2. Here are some notes that were helpful for me... maybe they can point you in the right direction:

1. When you view K2 categories, it uses the overrides in "category.php" and "category_item.php". When you click a readmore, it opens the item using "item.php" template. If you've modified the first two, make sure that you modify the "item.php" similarly to show the changes when a single item is opened.

2. If you have K2 categories created, make sure that you've applied your custom K2 templates to these categories. Go to K2->Categories->select the category->Category item layout->Select a template->choose the correct template using the dropdown box (make sure your custom template shows up). I've found that I've forgotten to apply changes to one category and it had all kinds of strange behavior.

• Vista Mar
  • Vista Mar's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #62056 by Vista Mar
Replied by Vista Mar on topic Re: Item View using wrong template
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply and the detailed explanation. I am tho using 2 different Joomla templates and not K2 templates.

Any ideas about this one?

Thanks,
Steven

More
12 years 5 months ago #62057 by Nicholas Loggie
Replied by Nicholas Loggie on topic Re: Item View using wrong template
Hi Steven,

Did you resolve this? I have the exact same issue.

Thanks
Nick

More
12 years 5 months ago #62058 by Nicholas Loggie
Replied by Nicholas Loggie on topic Re: Item View using wrong template
Resolved - I simply added the latest items to another menu item and assigned that to the second template.....

N