Images is not keeping ratio on category item list

More
12 years 8 months ago #62062 by Tom
Hello everyone..
Just another problem.. :)

I have 2 sections:
News section and Film section.

For every section i have problem:

1) News section all images somehow gets to show the same size (width and height) on Frontend, BUT images are not resized good - they look badly - please look in this link (there is 1 image which is not resizing good ) - www.biomass-woodchips.com/latest/index.php?lang=lv
How to keep ratio for image, but to get image look good ?

2) I cant get images to be in one size Height x width for ALL the same - how to do that ? + KEEP ratio ?!
Here is another link with problem example:
www.biomass-woodchips.com/latest/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=7&Itemid=350&lang=lv&limitstart=9

Ofcourse, it is possible if all images are uploaded with the same size, but i am interested to know how to get this to work when people are uploading different kind of images !

Thank You a lot for Your help !

Best wishes,
Tomass

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62063 by Tom
Someone can help me with this ... ?

Tom

More
12 years 8 months ago #62064 by Adam L
Hi Tom,

I'm not sure what K2 specifically can do to help you with this -- this may be a function of the Joomla template you are using.

I recommend doing some image manipulation with the image file *before* you attach it to the K2 item: resize/cut/crop the image so that it fits your template's size ratio.

For issue 1:

* The template you are using resizes the images to a certain size on the category page www.biomass-woodchips.com/latest/index.php?lang=lv

* The image that is set for that item is in a different aspect ratio (it is taller than it is wide)

* Instead, try this: add that current image as an additional image to the image gallery, but use an image editing program to cut/crop a version of that woman's image that will match the ratio that gets displayed.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62065 by Tom
Thanks for reply.

Can this code help me if i add it somewhere in joomla ->

snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/4336

Best,
Tom