Keyword

frontend editing not working

• Tom Racine
  • Tom Racine's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #62066 by Tom Racine
frontend editing not working was created by Tom Racine
I've installed k2 2.5.4 & I'm running joomla 2.5. I have two users setup and when I go to the front end I can add an item but I cannot edit and existing item. Existing items have "edit item" before the title. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62067 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: frontend editing not working
Check your K2 user group permissions that the users belong to.

• Tom Racine
More
12 years 8 months ago #62068 by Tom Racine
Replied by Tom Racine on topic Re: frontend editing not working
Well, I created a group called site owner for my superuser account and all permissions settings are set to "yes" but still no ability to edit in front end. I seem to recall reading about this somewhere ... joomlaworks google site perhaps ... but that was months ago.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62069 by Andrew McEwan
Replied by Andrew McEwan on topic Re: frontend editing not working
I'm having the exact same problem. Looking at the source code for pages that should be editable:
	Joomlart Forum Thread

That thread seems to indicate a problem with the classes not being called correctly. This is getting into realms a bit beyond me. Any ideas?

More
12 years 8 months ago #62070 by william white
Just to make sure its not something simple, in the k2 dashboard options there is a setting to turn front end editing on or off

• Tom Racine
More
12 years 8 months ago #62071 by Tom Racine
Everything is enabled for front end editing as far as I can tell. I'm also using a rockettheme template. Actually I installed the latest template locally as it has specific styling for k2, but after adding an item I'm still not able to edit it. I'll post in the rockettheme forum also. I would really like to resolve this as I'm hoping to show others how to add & edit content.
Attachments:

• Tom Racine
More
12 years 8 months ago #62072 by Tom Racine
Anyone else having this issue? I'm getting nothing from the Rockettheme forum.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62073 by william white
Take a look at how java is loading and be sure its in t he noconflict mode. search here and on the old forum for info

• Tom Racine
More
12 years 8 months ago #62074 by Tom Racine
From source:
<script src="/joomla/clarion/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/components/com_k2/js/k2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/plugins/system/rokbox/rokbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/plugins/system/rokbox/themes/light/rokbox-config.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/libraries/gantry/js/gantry-totop.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/libraries/gantry/js/gantry-smartload.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/libraries/gantry/js/gantry-buildspans.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/libraries/gantry/js/gantry-inputs.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/templates/rt_clarion/js/load-transition.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/fusion/js/fusion.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomla/clarion/modules/mod_roktwittie/js/roktwittie.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
script type="text/javascript">

Are you saying that the order of the script load could be the problem? I don't know what nonconflict mode means. Why would it impact the editing and not the adding? I looked in the forum archives and it seems that there were many posts about frontend issues but it wasn't clear to me how these issues were resolved.

Sorry I'm not a more advanced user, I do appreciate the help.

Tom

• Tom Racine
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #62075 by Tom Racine
Okay there seems to be a solution on the Rockettheme forum.
www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=584&t=155996&p=771076&rb_v=viewtopic#p771076

For those who may be using a rockettheme template but are not currently a member (thus no forum access) do the following;

1. go to the template manager and select the default template
2. click on the "Advanced" tab
3. turn off the "Build Titles Spans" option.