Keyword

Category view parameters

• MAZUREK
  • MAZUREK's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #62128 by MAZUREK
Category view parameters was created by MAZUREK
Hi,
After a lot of positive information about K2 module, I decided to install it on my Joomla site. I use Joomla 2.5 and K2 2.5.4 (I think the last version), I work in polish version. I found K2 very usefull with plenty of options. But, there is a little but.
I have a problem with category view. In my menu I have some positions with Category type which point to K2 category. I'd like to define a view of category by using the category parameters. Unfortunatelly nothing works. It seems that K2 ignore the changes in the parameters. I used the template override, I worked directly in the catalog of K2 installation. Zero results. Of cours it's possible to obtain the view that I want by modifications in the php code of corresponding files. But it isn't very "catholique".
On the other side I have no problem with override of CSS file. It works perfectly.
Where I'm wrong? How to send the parameters from category admin to the category view on the front end?
Help me please, before I change my opinion about K2 modul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62129 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category view parameters
Test the params by creating a new category with no parent, add an item, and add a menu link to that item temporarly for testing. Change in the item view....something say hide titel and see if it works.
Create and override in your templates html directory. Edit item php and find where it displays title
just below it insert html text....it should display...
If that works, there is definately something wrong in your category structure and inherit params from settings

• MAZUREK
  • MAZUREK's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #62130 by MAZUREK
Replied by MAZUREK on topic Re: Category view parameters
Thanks for your advice. I tried this method and it WORKS. There is something strange, BTW. I deleted all my existed structure (categories and articles were imported from Joomla) and I created new categories and articles. When the categories are at the root (without parent) the parameters are inherited from the setting. But if I try to put trhe categories in the tree structure (categories with the parent) it stops to take in account the setting. So the method is: ALL CATEGORIES IN THE ROOT.
Thanks again.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62131 by Jakub Jedynak
Replied by Jakub Jedynak on topic Re: Category view parameters
It should work with parents also. I think that still there is a problem with inhering parameters.

PL: Powinno dzialac rowniez z kategoriami nadrzednymi. Mysle ze wciaz masz problem z dziedzczeniem parameterow. Jak wciąż masz problemy daj znac.