Keyword

403 error when moving mysql tables to J! 2.5

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #62497 by Nick
So i decided to upgrade to joomla 2.5 and i'm testing the new setup. I am trying to move my K2 database over to the new joomla. But after importing the K2 tables I get a 403 error when I try to access ANY K2 item or anything related to K2.

I already changed the userid's for every entry to the current super user but it won't work.

What am I missing here? Is there a better way to move k2 to the new joomla installation?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62498 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: 403 error when moving mysql tables to J! 2.5
Nick, did you use jupgrade?
Does "anything to do with k2" mean you cannot access the dashboard at all?

• Diego Fabián Hagopian
More
12 years 7 months ago #62499 by Diego Fabián Hagopian
Replied by Diego Fabián Hagopian on topic Re: 403 error when moving mysql tables to J! 2.5
If you migrate with jupgrade, must set the access level to public. Jupgrade don´t do that. Only open the article or the menu and save it

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #62500 by Nick
Well this error happens when i didn't use jupgrade (i did use it but that gave me another error).

When I try to access any part of the K2 component I get a 403 error. But i will take another look at the permissions.

Also all of this happens in the FRONTEND. Back-end works fine! :)

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #62501 by Nick
Ok so i fixed all the permission and STILL i get a 403 error. I made a new menu item and tried assigning different parts of the component. I tried multiple categories, i tried single categories, i tried single items. All fail.

Categories listings display empty pages and single items display 403 errors... I am out of ideas. On a clean install of K2 without importing the tables, everything works fine. Where could the problem be?!?!

EDIT:
There we go! The category permissions also had to be set! Hurr durr

• Diego Fabián Hagopian
More
12 years 7 months ago #62502 by Diego Fabián Hagopian
Replied by Diego Fabián Hagopian on topic Re: 403 error when moving mysql tables to J! 2.5
I try different things and the error of permissions are the same, you must open and save the article, category, menu and all thing thats no have permissions you can see that on the access level is in blank you must set public, register or what you like. All 1 by one i´m searching for a batch process to do this.
Is happens using jupgrade or migrating directly the data base,

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #62503 by jj ockey
I'm getting this. I used JUpgrade. Latest Joomla and K2, downloaded two days ago.

update: solution! after you set all your items to public, special or registered, you also have to do this to the categories.